transfer to us
choose foster wales torfaen
Foster Wales Torfaen is part of a national network of 22 Welsh Local Authority fostering services, all working together towards the same goal.
At Foster Wales we are about people. Our purpose is to support and empower foster carers and build the brightest possible futures for local children – not to make profit.
If you are an existing foster carer and you not foster as part of your Local Authority yet, you can transfer to Foster Wales.
benefits of fostering with local authority
By joining Foster Wales Torfaen you become a part of one team. We’re responsible for every child and young person in need of foster care, so our children’s needs are our main priorities.
We offer you skills and expertise of the entire Foster Wales team at your disposal, along with experienced dedicated social worker to support you whenever needed.
Fostering with your Local Authority is flexible. You can choose the types of fostering you do and the age of the children you prefer to look after, from babies to teens.
what we offer at foster wales torfaen
- Generous financial allowances. For example, right now in Torfaen we have foster carers who receive £604 per week for looking after two young people aged 11 and 16 years old. Read more about foster carer pay here.
- A support of clinical psychologist and the option to book consultations
- Welcoming and supportive community of foster carers who offer mentoring, and individual peer support
- Guidance, support and training from My Support Team (MyST) – an effective alternative to residential care for children who are looked after with highly complex needs
- Regular social events and activities which you will always be invited to
- A MAX card – free and discounted admission to attractions across the UK
Read more about support and rewards here.
"We think the Local Authority have more opportunities to foster for our family whereas IFA was limiting for us."
Read our blog post to find out why Katrina and Morgen transferred to us from the Independent Fostering Agency (IFA).
how to transfer to us
The process to move from your current fostering agency to the local Authority is straightforward.
In our first chat we will talk openly about how the process is going to work for you. As you are already in the fostering world, the process is going to be specific to your circumstances.
We want to know how we will best support you going forward, identify any needs and make sure we know you inside out for future matching, so at each step, the experience will be unique to you.
To find out more, download our transfer guide available below.
get your transfer guide
Click on the button below to receive ‘Transfer to Us’ guide which includes more information on benefits of transferring to us, how the process works and why you should transfer to Foster Wales Torfaen.